Advanced Features and Techniques of Embedded Systems Design provides embedded systems developers the necessary skills to develop complex embedded systems and enables them to improve their designs by using the tools available in the Vivado® IP Integrator. This course also helps developers understand and utilize advanced components of embedded systems design for architecting a complex system in the Zynq® All Programmable System on a Chip (SoC) or Microblaze™ soft processor.
This course builds on the skills gained in the Embedded Systems Design course. Labs provide hands-on experience with developing, debugging, and simulating an embedded system. Utilizing memory resources and implementing high-performance DMA are also covered. Labs use demo boards in which designs are downloaded and verified.
Printed or electronic materials?
Printed materials (slides, notes, and lab instructions) are provided for in person training, and are recommended for VILT training as well. However, you may choose to receive electronic only, or printed and electronic. Engineers who select electronic only should plan to have a device to read the materials on during class (iPad, android device, or another laptop).
Evaluation boards are provided for in person training only. However, an evaluation kit can also be purchased through NPE, Inc., as part of training. Engineers who take training should already have an evaluation kit, or should purchase one through NPE.
Zedboard Evaluation Kit
ZedBoard is a low-cost development board for the Xilinx Zynq®-7000 All Programmable SoC. This board contains everything necessary to create a Linux, Android, Windows® or other OS/RTOS-based design. Additionally, several expansion connectors expose the processing system and programmable logic I/Os for easy user access. Take advantage of the Zynq-7000 AP SoC’s tightly coupled ARM® processing system and 7 series programmable logic to create unique and powerful designs with ZedBoard.
What is included in Zedboard Evaluation Kit?
- The ZedBoard featuring the XC7Z020T-1CSG324 All Programmable SoC
- 12V power supply with USA and European adapters
- 4 GB SD Card •Micro-USB cable
- USB Adapter: Male Micro-B to Female Standard-A
- Getting Started Guide
- Vivado Design Suite: WebPack Edition DVD with device-locked Vivado Logic Analyzer license
ZC702 Evalutation kit
The Zynq®-7000 AP SoC ZC702 Evaluation Kit includes all the basic components of hardware, design tools, IP, and pre-verified reference designs including a targeted design, enabling a complete embedded processing platform. The included pre-verified reference designs and industry-standard FPGA Mezzanine Connectors (FMC) allow scaling and customization with daughter cards.
What's Included in ZC702 evaluation kit
- ZC702 Evaluation Board featuring the XC7Z020 CLG484 -1 AP SoC
- AMS 101 Evaluation Board •Full seat Vivado Design Suite: Design Edition
- Node Locked, Device-locked to the Zynq-7000 XC7Z020 AP SoC
- Reference Designs, Design Examples, and Demos
- Board Design Files
- Cables & Power Supply
- "Docs & Designs" tab on this page
- Contains all software and reference designs, demos, and documents to quickly get started